The processing fee can now be easily added to the invoice at checkout in MoeGo. It consists of two parts, a percentage and a fixed amount for each transaction, both of which can be passed to the client's side. Once configured the fee rate, the exact fees will be calculated for transactions automatically and ready to be applied at checkout.
How to set it up
- Go to card processing > Stripe integration > payment preference
- Select paid by clients and sign the agreement
- Customize the fee name, configure percentage and flat amount for transactions
1. Which card processor does it support?
It currently supports Stripe as the primary card processor.
2. What's the processing fee rate?
Stripe charges vary based on payment types for each transaction.
- 2.9% plus 50 cents with a card-present for Stripe reader
- 3.4% plus 30 cents without a card-present for online invoice, card on file, enter card info
Please consult support if different fee rates apply to your plans.
3. Is it available in all regions?
It's currently available in the permitted states of the US. Credit card surcharge permissions may vary by state, regulatory, or card network rules.
Contact a tax professional or your local government for further guidance on whether your area permits surcharges.
How to get started
To try the feature, please go to the payment setting on desktop or mobile app, and follow the instructions there.